Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me some information on putting an electric fan on my 2.5? I read some other threads but im just not really getting what im looking for

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure if you got one but a 95 ford taurus 3.8 fan works great. You can hook it up to a manual switch and/or thermostatic probe. Check out some of my posts - there's a write up.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
In the process of doing this myself. The biggest issue you'll have is finding a relay that will hold up to the power (especially on high speed). I ended up with an 85 amp relay from autozone, ran some test hard wiring it to the battery and it seems to work so far.

Denis

·
Registered
717 Posts
In the process of doing this myself. The biggest issue you'll have is finding a relay that will hold up to the power (especially on high speed). I ended up with an 85 amp relay from autozone, ran some test hard wiring it to the battery and it seems to work so far.

Denis

Did you have relays actually fail?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ran mine from the low speed wire, to a inline 30amp fuse, to the pos battery terminal. No issues - I don't hook it up to high since the low is plenty powerful enough to cool the motor over stock mechanical at idle speeds.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you find a fan I have a control box with probe that I can let you have (Flex a Lite) I have 2 extra ones here. Very easy to wire up. PM me if you want to work out some details. I can even make you a copy of the wiring instructions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts