Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good write-up for an electric radiator fan installation? I've been thinking of doing this and am wondering how others have approached the project. I'd prefer to use heat sensors and not have to turn it on and off manually.

Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I installed a Flex-a-lite fan in my 01 wrangler. Its really a complete kit and comes with everything you need. The wiring is simple with a thermostatic control device under the hood adjustable to any temp. And auto kicks on with the AC. The temp sensor is a probe that slides through the fins on the radiator. It also has ports to run fan overrides as far as always on.... off at your command....or continuing to cool even when the jeep is off. I highly reccomend it. I use it alot when im doing deep mud bog runs where the water could get into the fan and throw water all over the engine. Warm ups in winter are faster and you pick up a noticeable increase in power dropping the old clutch fan. I can show ya pictures or what not if you want. Just let me know what ya need.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am running the Wrangler II fan in mine. No write-up that I know of, but the instructions are crystal clear. Simple install. Go to Flex-a-lite's web page and all of your questions will be answered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts