Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara and am a new owner. She started fine this a.m. when leaving house to go out for breakfast. When leaving to come back home I unlocked doors using key fob like I normally do except this time when I went to start her nothing happened. Nothing lit up on instrument panel and it didn't even click. I had some other folks offer to help jump start hoping it was just that battery died and I could go up road and get a new one. He said when he went to hook the cables up that battery had plenty of spark - it just wasn't getting motor to turn over. Said it sounded like I have a bad connection somewhere. So I got a ride with him back to house for some tools and roommate's car. We went to pick up a fuse kit just in case a blown fuse was the issue but none seem to be blown when I tested them. Connection on battery is clean and tight. Not sure what else I can check.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hmm, do you know if the battery is the original one that came in the jeep ? Might actually check volts if it's under 12v
Could be time for a new one. Also make sure all ground wires are tight.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So everything else powers up fine? Headlights, stereo, power windows etc?
Check the terminal connections at the starter and check all ground straps in the engine compartment as well for connection and corrosion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been having this same problem. Was gone for a couple of weeks, came home and went to start and I get clicks but no turnover. So I jumped it figuring it was the battery. It started up and we were on our way. Now occasionally when I get in, I'll turn the key and nothing, no clicks, no lights, nothing....then I'll turn it again and it will turn over. I'm going to take the battery in to have it checked just to be sure but it seems odd that the battery would need replaced already (2013 with 53k).

I had a similar issue on my old C5 and it was a starter problem...the fix...bang the hell out of the starter with a golf club and it would fix it :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
if an automatic, move shifter to neutral and try the key again. there is a switch on the shifter that sometimes will not make contact and moving to neutral takes that switch out of the circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts