Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing my Firestick today and wondering (since I live in the salt capitol - Chicago) if electrical connections grease (kind used on light bulb connections) is a good or bad idea for the connection between my coax and my antenna to ward off corrosion.

Thanks in advance for the input!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Installing my Firestick today and wondering (since I live in the salt capitol - Chicago) if electrical connections grease (kind used on light bulb connections) is a good or bad idea for the connection between my coax and my antenna to ward off corrosion.

Thanks in advance for the input!!
Not sure on the grease on the conection, but I went to Home Depot and found some heat shrink tubbing that was large enough to go over the entire connection setup, works great, came in black color. If you need to remove the antenna for any reason, small blade can cut right through it, no big project, Extremely water tight, after using heat gun on it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Dielectric grease works great and it allows electricity to pass through it. I used dielectric grease on all the electrical connections on my ATV that I used to swamp in rivers and mud. Never had any problems with the connections corroding or anything. Will be using it on my Jeep as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts