Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lights will flash on in the dash for just a second while driving down the road - abs, hill start, the red exclamation point, ESC. most often when in 4wd but also sometimes on pavement in 2wd. Then today radio unit blacked out and I got the red battery warning on solid as well as the ESC light solid. Jeep still drive fine. Turned it off and it restarted well with no error lights. Any ideas?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Check for a loose terminal on the battery or a loose ground connection to the frame. That's where I would start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds very similar what happened to me a few years ago. I brought it into the dealer and they had a heck of a time figuring it out as well. Took a few trips to the dealer to finally "figure it out". They told me that all they did was check and tighten all the "star" points or connections, which they claim there are 180 or so. Worked for a few years then about a month ago it started doing it again except this time it's worse and no longer under warranty. Let me know if you figure it out before me as I don't really feel like forking up the money to have the dealer tell me the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts