Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today while I was in traffic with my 2015 JKUHR the tire pressure dash light came on. It showed that my right front tire only had 24psi, 39-41psi is normal for my tires. Being that I was in traffic, there was no place to pull over to take a look at the tire. But then about 30 seconds later the dash light went out and the EVIC showed the tire had the correct pressure. It's the first time this issue has ever happened, and the second temporary electrical hiccup. Previously the SAT radio couldn't get a signal for any channel.

Are these electrical hiccups common for the Wrangler?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had yet another electrical issue. Used my key FOB to unlock my Jeep, but when I tried to lock it, nothing happened. Opened up the FOB to check the battery and it had the correct voltage (only 7 months old). Tried the FOB again, then it worked fine. Not sure if this hiccup is the fault of the FOB or the receiver in the Jeep.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday once again my key FOB failed to work. It worked to open my Jeep but then it wouldn't lock it. I tried cycling between unlock and lock but nothing happened as if the FOB was dead. The FOB battery is fine. I put the key in the ignition and started my Jeep then shut it down and removed the key, tried the FOB again and it worked. Could something be wrong with the FOB receiver in the Jeep? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I've never owned a vehicle that's had this problem before.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Did you try the other spare FOB? I would also say start with the battery and check/ensure the cable terminals are tightened down properly.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Next time it does it, I'm going to try using the other FOB.
I will still recommend checking the battery terminal clamps as many have reported weird electrical issue arising from them being loose from the factory. Will save yourself a data point to worry about.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had another SAT radio issue today. It would only show a few channels. Got it working again after turning off the Jeep waiting a few minutes and starting it up again.

Anyone else having electrical issues in their new Jeeps?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a 2015, use the warranty.
If a dealership can't duplicate the malfunction, they can't fix it. And these issues haven't lasted long enough for them to observe it. But they've happened enough now to be annoying.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If a dealership can't duplicate the malfunction, they can't fix it. And these issues haven't lasted long enough for them to observe it. But they've happened enough now to be annoying.
Take it to another dealer and check the lemon laws in your state.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take it to another dealer and check the lemon laws in your state.
Another dealership will say the same thing, if they can't duplicate it. The lemon laws require a certain amount of repairs for the same issue. And if they can't duplicate it, then there will be no repairs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts