Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My JK for the last two months is acting wearied. The in my pocket the doors will lock and unlock itself. As well as the every time it dose that the headlights come on for a few minutes. It would do these probable ones or twice a week but now it does it all day. It’s unsafe because the doors are almost always open and it drains the battery. So now I keep a jumper cable in the car because I have to jump the car at least two times a day and have replaced the battery two times.
If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciated.

·
Registered
615 Posts
#1 what year????? if is under warranty TAKE IT IN and do you have a key fob it could be a malfunctioning key fob take the Battery out of the key fob and see if it still doe's it other than having it looked at. I hate electrical issues I have sold a car because of them it can cost a fortune .good luck

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have replaced the battery couple of times already but nothing has changed. The warranty already has expired, its an 08.
Joe Buell I will try the key fub and keep you guys posted.
Thank you everyone for all your help.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not sure if you mean you have replaced the battery a couple of times since the problem started or since it was new. If it's since the problem started then check your alternator. If it's since it was new than every 3 years is pretty common, in hot weather anyway.

Oh, and :welcome:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to give you guys an update on my story. Thanks to Joe Buell I have replaced the key fob. Since then malfunctioning has stopped as far as the doors locking and unlocking by it self.
But as far as the battery dyeing its the same. The battery dies every day after I get home from work and trying to start it up in the mornings.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Again thank you much Joe.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Take it to O'Reilly's and have them test the alternator. Do you have aftermarket items installed? If so, disconnect them at the battery one by one and see if you can find the drain that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts