Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm hoping that someone here can give me an idea of what happened and how I can fix it. (I have a 2004 LJ)

Here's what I did: I replaced my front running lights / flashers with LED bulbs and had the fast flashing problem. I put the stock bulbs back in and went to AutoZone and got an EP-27 flasher module. I removed the stock flasher module from the steering column and installed the EP-27 module. I hit the Emergency flasher button to test it and all I got was a buzzing noise for a few seconds. I replaced the OEM module and now I get nothing from the turn signals, emergency flashers, or brake lights. I've checked the turn signal fuse (#13) and the brake light fuse (#2) and both are Ok.

What am I missing here? Is there a fuse somewhere that may have blown? The fact that the EP-27 buzzed for a few seconds and then quit leads me to believe that it may have been a fuse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem Update:

Ok, so I started yanking every fuse I could find and checking them with a multimeter. I found a 20amp fuse in the box in the engine compartment that was bad. The legend labels this fuse as MSFW (27). I replaced it and now I have my lights back. So, current problem solved. Any ideas what caused it?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I found out that the problem is the flasher module. I need to get an EP-26. The EP-27 that Autozone claimed was the correct replacement flasher has a history of blowing fuses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts