Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an Accel electronic point eliminator kit that I've replaced 4 times in the last year within only 100miles. Any of you guys have any general ideas on what could be causing the module to fail? I am using the coil and wire set Accel recommends with this module. I probably should lie but I cant, this is not for my jeep but for my 69 Bronco. I'm hoping you don't hold that against me :worthy:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have herd that if you leave the key on without the engine running for a while it will blow the unit I guess they are not fail safe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have herd that if you leave the key on without the engine running for a while it will blow the unit I guess they are not fail safe
I think if I just look at it wrong it will blow. :atomic:
I think this problem started around the time I bought my Jeep. I wonder if vehicles get jealous?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks MILOJ! That makes the most sense of anything I can think of. I use a remote starter switch/button. I turn the key to the on position and start it with the switch. I guess I end up leaving the ignition on for longer than usual while starting and sometimes I forget the ignition is even on. I wonder if I'm blowing the module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts