Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you disable electronic roll mitigation on a 2012 JK?. It's impossible to have in the snow. Want my 97 back.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
ESC , electronic stability control. Little button bottom center dash, push hold for a few seconds. It's in the owners manual.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Cuts your steering ability? That's a new one...how does that work, exactly?

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
Stability control and roll mitigation function by applying brakes to individual wheels to correct the slide or roll.

·
Registered
655 Posts
After you turned it off, does the "off" light stay on? What happens when you push the "off" button, and lastly, does it come on in 4L?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Abs & traction control light stay on.
Bypass switch (one I installed) open or on - allows the driver to have control of the jeep, like the earlier models 97 etc.
Switch in the closed or off position returns it back to factory - no lights laminated. Haven't tried it in 4L.

·
Registered
12,640 Posts
Mines a 2012. Not sure on a 2014.
I know 13's are just the same, not sure if anything changed for '14 or not. I guess you could pull the center console and cut the appropriate wire to see if it works. If it doesn't just splice it back together.

Abs & traction control light stay on.
Bypass switch (one I installed) open or on - allows the driver to have control of the jeep, like the earlier models 97 etc.
Switch in the closed or off position returns it back to factory - no lights laminated. Haven't tried it in 4L.
It works the same in 4L. Once you flip the switch you installed it won't go back to normal until you flip the switch again and cycle the ignition.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Any of you guys that have done the bypass switch on the newer Jeeps (12+) have an automatic? I want to do this but from all I've read on an auto it will put the jeep in limp mode but it works fine on a stick.

·
Registered
926 Posts
It disables your steering wheel intermittently when trying to do a doughnut in the snow.
Just to clarify, this is not correct. The steering is a 100% mechanical connection from the steering wheel to the wheels themselves. The ESC works by firing the brakes at individual wheels in an attempt to stop a slide. It is an uncomfortable feeling, but it is actually very effective. That said, if you're trying to drift around parking lots or do donuts, you'll want to turn the system off by holding the traction control button for 7 seconds. The system should remain off until the ignition is cycled, and will need to be disabled again if desired.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any of you guys that have done the bypass switch on the newer Jeeps (12+) have an automatic? I want to do this but from all I've read on an auto it will put the jeep in limp mode but it works fine on a stick.
Mine is an automatic. Didn't seem to slow it down any, but I only use it when playing in the snow. I tried the 7 second trick but no luck. Maybe I didn't do something correct.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts