Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how good is the electronic sway bar system? is it worth it?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Very good !

how good is the electronic sway bar system? is it worth it?
If your jeep has the edisco, supplied-it's REALLY worthit

If you're thinking about adding one to a non-rubi--it ain't worthit !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D--ECONOMICS--

Why is that jimbox?
Mechanical quick dis-connects are $20 to $100 bucks and you just unbolt the existing swaybar links and lock-pin the new ones in-maybe takes 2/3 minutes to release the swaybar !!

If you were GIVEN a Rubi edisco by a friend/family/girlfriend (bet me), then installing one, might not be a bad idea, but if you wanted to buy one and then WIRE-it in you jeep--$1500 to 2200 bucks plus installation of the edisco gearbox--

A PITA

Kapish ??

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
i weep for the future generations who will never know the simple pleasures of manually disconnecting swaybars, manual hubs, etc.
"Oops, gotta throw it in 4wd, hope I have enough room to back up!!" :rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
i weep for the future generations who will never know the simple pleasures of manually disconnecting swaybars, manual hubs, etc.
"Oops, gotta throw it in 4wd, hope I have enough room to back up!!" :rofl:
Bill, you nasty man you...:eek:...you aren't taunting the non Rubi among us, are you? :zap: ;)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D The edisco gearbox electrically seperates/rejoins the two piece sway bar--uses a male/female gear "slip-fit"-pretty strong, but sometimes is a little annoying trying to get level enough to RE-JOIN-

how does it even work for disconnecting and re-connecting?
Beats going out in the snow to manually dis-connect the sway bar !!, but

Not for the cost of a NEW setup !

·
Registered
419 Posts
:D The edisco gearbox electrically seperates/rejoins the two piece sway bar--uses a male/female gear "slip-fit"-pretty strong, but sometimes is a little annoying trying to get level enough to RE-JOIN-

Beats going out in the snow to manually dis-connect the sway bar !!, but

Not for the cost of a NEW setup !

hmm sounds cool

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Well, it's much better when it isn't broken....... $1700 for parts...... :( No clue about labor. Be careful out there...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts