Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to replace the actuator on the driver’s side of my 2013 Wrangler Sport. It’s tight working in there but I eventually got the new part installed and now I have heat and defrost again. Unfortunately, when I started the Jeep to test it, both my engine light and throttle control lights were on. The throttle control light stays flashing. So I went back under the dash to see if I accidentally disconnected something or didn’t reconnect something, and didn’t find anything. Any thoughts? Did I screw up somehow? Is the lights coming on now just a coincidence and there is some other problem?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
What is a throttle control light?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Read the error codes
What is a throttle control light?
On the dash there is a light specifically for the throttle. No idea why when no other manufacturer sees the need to do that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This from the owners manual -
NOTE: This light may turn on if the accelerator and brake pedals are pressed at the same time.
Is it possible that you did that?
Anyway, check for codes. If no codes it will probably go away on it own. If it comes back on, check for codes again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This from the owners manual -
NOTE: This light may turn on if the accelerator and brake pedals are pressed at the same time.
Is it possible that you did that?
Anyway, check for codes. If no codes it will probably go away on it own. If it comes back on, check for codes again.
Thanks, I didn’t see that in my manual. It’s very possible I leaned on both pedals. I did get a code when I first checked but now there isn’t one. I’m resetting the computer this morning and we’ll see what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I reset the computer and started it up and the warning lights are still on. Took it for a drive and it drove fine. When I got back I checked for a code and now it is back: p2122. So I’m just going to take it in and have it checked out. It has to be something I touched or did in the dash while swapping out the actuator. At least that’s what I believe.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Found this, and it also said you have to adjust tps after replacing. Not sure if adjustments can be done by you or dealer.

Carefully check the throttle position sensor (TPS), wiring connector, and wiring for breaks, etc. Repair or replace as necessary Check the voltage at the TPS (refer to a service manual for your vehicle for specific information). If the voltage is too low that is indicative of a problem. Replace if necessary. If recently replaced the TPS may need to be adjusted. On some vehicles the installation instructions call for the TPS to be properly aligned or adjusted, consult a repair manual for specifics. If there are no symptoms at all, the problem may be intermittent and clearing the code may resolve the issue temporarily. If this is the case then you should definitely check the wiring to be sure it's not rubbing on anything, grounding, etc. The code may come back

Read more at: P2122 Throttle Position Sensor D Circuit Low Input
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I think there are simpler ways to adjust, like turn key to on position and slowly press to floor and back out. But google it and you’ll find it.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
So I had to replace the actuator on the driver’s side of my 2013 Wrangler Sport. It’s tight working in there but I eventually got the new part installed and now I have heat and defrost again. Unfortunately, when I started the Jeep to test it, both my engine light and throttle control lights were on. The throttle control light stays flashing. So I went back under the dash to see if I accidentally disconnected something or didn’t reconnect something, and didn’t find anything. Any thoughts? Did I screw up somehow? Is the lights coming on now just a coincidence and there is some other problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts