Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is the electronic vehicle information center, and what is included with it and what does it do? The cost is about $460 extra--worth it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What exactly is the electronic vehicle information center, and what is included with it and what does it do? The cost is about $460 extra--worth it? Thanks.
It's an onboard computer in your dash that give you information through the buttons on your steering wheel. The EVIC includes such info as:

Compass heading
Outside temp
Audio information / ECO (fuel saving) display
Avg mpg
Miles till empty
Trip timer
System warnings (various problems w/Jeep detected by computer)
Personal settings such as language, auto door locks on/off, auto unlock on exit, how your Jeep unlocks with the key fob and whether or not lights come on, and for how long, with the key fob, headlamp off delay, and whether or not the horn honks when setting / disabling alarm.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I like it. Allows me to configure some things that I otherwise might wanna disable with a sledgehammer. :D

Such as the "horn-honk on unlock" feature.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I don't know about the Sahara and Rubi's but on the Sports it is packaged as the Connectivity Group (and also requires the $195 Satellite Radio upgrade) and includes a center console USB port and blue tooth connectivity for the stereo. Other than the Satellite part which I plan not to renew when the included year is up, I thought it was a good package.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like mine. I disabled the headlights lights & horn on lock, disabled the headlight on un-lock, and have one button unlock for all doors. I probably did other changes that I forgot, but it's fun going through all the options and trying stuff. It puts me inside the brains of my Jeep ,,,,,,:eek:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not a lot of money in my mind for the flexibility of making changes as you like them and the information it provides.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Didn't notice till this a.m. that you've got "connect" in your title, as well. Wondering about the Uconnect. For me, one of the few options I purchased (that, side airbags, 430N and the 3.73 trans).

The Uconnect allows you to use your phone via hands-free bluetooth. You can use voice commands to conduct all conversations through the media center. Also you get a USB port in your center console, which is pretty handy. And a leather-wrapped steering wheel...what that has to do with communications is beyond me.

Sweetening the pot, I guess. :)

My Uconnect rocks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Agree, the BlueTooth is very handy for life in the 21st Century. I like the option of telling my radio what to play with both hands on the wheel,,,, leather wrapped of course.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Agree, the BlueTooth is very handy for life in the 21st Century. I like the option of telling my radio what to play with both hands on the wheel,,,, leather wrapped of course.
Yup, forgot about the radio/voice command thing.

For me, the USB in the center console alone is gold. I often carry a laptop on a mount from one of my passenger seat rails, and don't want cables going up to my nav center getting in the way. Kinda sweet to be able to charge my iphone, ipod, whatever, outta the way from the center console.

·
Because I Can
362 Posts
I like it too, although some of the personal settings are not functional since I don't have power door locks! Also love the bluetooth conectivity for my phone, and I LIKE the satelite radio!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts