Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No affiliation. Just passing this along. They are providing a 15% discount currently and will donate some proceeds to help with the CA fires. I bought two for my van previously and may pick up a couple for the Jeep. They are a pretty impressive product. This is from the vendor:

Between today and the end of the month we have created a special coupon code to use on our website. This code will give you 15% off your purchase (with free shipping on orders over $99) and in addition we will donate $5 for every fire extinguisher sold to the California Fire Foundation.

The code is: HelpCA2018 and can be redeemed by entering it at checkout at www.elementfire.com

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Wait... small, longer discharge than a 5lb. 0 residue? Oh and cheaper than a haltron. Only con is the operation and shape would make someone else think it is a road flare and not an extinguisher. Yup, just ordered one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was on the fence about these because I couldn't find much info. With this nice discount and donation, I decided to go for it and get one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks interesting, but doesn't seem like it would work with any significant wind.
I asked the person who is involved with the Company and he replied:

"To answer your question a windy environment would represent the most difficult situation for our extinguisher or any other gas type extinguisher (like CO2). Gas type extinguishers rely on the ability to create an isolation of a fire with the gas that comes out. Wind invariably interferes with this so having the wind to your back is an advantage. By contrast solid chemical extinguishers physically deposit a powder on a fire putting it out by smothering. Each extinguisher has its strengths and weaknesses and certainly in an open area it is difficult to beat the ability to dump a solid powder that is not as affected by wind as a gas. That said gas extinguishers shine in enclosed and semi-enclosed environments where the gas can attack a fire from all angles and get into nooks and crannies where powder needs a clean path."

I carry a standard extinguisher along with two of these in my camper van. I will likely do the same in my Jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
How are people mounting / storing these in their Jeep?

They offer a cnc "roll bar mount" but I don't think it would fit around the padding.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How are people mounting / storing these in their Jeep?

They offer a cnc "roll bar mount" but I don't think it would fit around the padding.
Right now I have one in the glove box. They do supply a clip mount that can be attached to the vehicle. I just bought two more so I'll need to figure out where to mount them. I want one accessible from the driver's seat and one accessible from the trunk area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts