Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

This past weekend I decided to put new brakes on the back of my Jeep. After I got the rotors off I saw what looked like a Chernobyl landscape but it was actually just my emergency brake begging to be changed also. Here's where I ran into trouble. There are two springs that run alongside each other on the the brake cable side. I'd be embarrassed to tell you how long I spent trying to stretch the spring down from one brake pad to the other. There is very little space to work with and the spring is surprisingly tight. I'm hoping maybe someone here knows a trick to get these springs attached. Thankfully I have a second car to get to work with because my Jeep is on jack stands in my driveway all because I can't get these springs attached. Any help is appreciated!

2010 JK Unlimited Sport

:atomic:

·
Registered
301 Posts
From memory, (It was several years ago), when I replaced mine, I put the springs on then used the big bastard screwdriver in the set, (you know, the one that has the metal shaft running all the way through so you can used it as a chisel), to lever the brake lining up into position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts