Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying I tried searching the forum before starting this thread. Searching is not so user friendly on an iPhone and I am currently doing a wipe and erase on my computer due to viruses.

Today I arrived home in PA from a five day vacation in Colorado. I left my 1997 TJ facing downhill at my girlfriends house Wednesday night. Tonight I started my jeep,turned the wheels away from the curb,released the emergency brake and engaged 1st gear. My jeep would not go forward even in neutral downhill. Ebrake was locked up? Let go of clutch in 1st and almost stalled the thing. I put it in 4low and when I engaged 1st gear I heard a bang(not super loud) it seems to have broken free the Ebrake. I live in southeastern PA and it was pretty cold tonight. Do u think it froze stuck? Or is there something else I should look at? The Ebrake holds on a slight incline now so I am not very worried but I am curious as to if anyone else had has a similar experience. I bought my baby a year ago and know the Ebrake has been replaced before. Thanks for any help.

Jack T.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Could be many things from worn parking brake cables,stuck brake shoes,worn backing plates, broken springs. You need to pull off drums and inspect moving parts.
Hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts