Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in iamamully's thread talk of keeping things with to get out of trouble. I thought it would be good to hear peoples' ideas.

I kept a bag in my car for all the trout fishing traveling I would do here in Michigan. First aid kit, jumper cables, tow strap-for being towed out, flashlight, tp, knife, hatchet, lighter, extra set of warm clothes.

From his thread I have already seen items I would not have thought of. Thanks for the help, I'm a newbie.

·
Registered
874 Posts
There are two threads you should search out. One is on recovery gear, the other goes into first-aid vs. trauma kits and what is needed for which. Both are a wealth of information.

As a general rule I prefer to divide containers (bags, boxes, whatever) by their intended use. In our Jeep there is a bag just for things air (we have an on-board compressor) related. I have two DirtBags (Jeepswap.com) saddle bags in back. One has a first aid (boo-boo kit, some sweatshirts, a fleece blanket, sunscreen and bug repellent wipes. The other bag has an air hose, chucks, inflaters, deflaters, tire repair, gloves, etc. The big bag is all recovery gear, tow strap, snatch strap, chain, special bits and pieces for the Hi-Lift, winch controller, gloves, etc. Next to it is a small Rubbermaid Action Packer that has tools, jumper cables, some 550 cord, a tarp, a Streamlight Seige Lantern (You gotta get one!), gloves, and miscellaneous. Above all of this hang two Maxsa traction mats, a shovel, an axe, and a Hi-lift with an extra wide sand/mud base. Hanging on the back seat are a jacket each for my wife and I, a collection of miscellaneous ballcaps (they all seem to end up in the Jeep), and a grab and go team-sized trauma/blowout kit.

·
Registered
615 Posts
There are two threads you should search out. One is on recovery gear, the other goes into first-aid vs. trauma kits and what is needed for which. Both are a wealth of information.

As a general rule I prefer to divide containers (bags, boxes, whatever) by their intended use. In our Jeep there is a bag just for things air (we have an on-board compressor) related. I have two DirtBags (Jeepswap.com) saddle bags in back. One has a first aid (boo-boo kit, some sweatshirts, a fleece blanket, sunscreen and bug repellent wipes. The other bag has an air hose, chucks, inflaters, deflaters, tire repair, gloves, etc. The big bag is all recovery gear, tow strap, snatch strap, chain, special bits and pieces for the Hi-Lift, winch controller, gloves, etc. Next to it is a small Rubbermaid Action Packer that has tools, jumper cables, some 550 cord, a tarp, a Streamlight Seige Lantern (You gotta get one!), gloves, and miscellaneous. Above all of this hang two Maxsa traction mats, a shovel, an axe, and a Hi-lift with an extra wide sand/mud base. Hanging on the back seat are a jacket each for my wife and I, a collection of miscellaneous ballcaps (they all seem to end up in the Jeep), and a grab and go team-sized trauma/blowout kit.
And a half ton trailer to carry it all LOL just kidding I take a lot of gear with me as well

·
Registered
874 Posts
And a half ton trailer to carry it all LOL just kidding I take a lot of gear with me as well
The wheel well saddle bags are almost invisible inside, doing a good job of taking un-useable space and making it useable. The Hi-lift, shovel, axe, and base are on the roll bar. That leaves a tiny Action Packer and a tool bag on the floor in back. The Maxsas are nearly flat and sit on top of a Dirty Dog net shelf so I actually have all kinds of room in back.

Do you have a line on a 416 or a Canadian 101 trailer? I really want a trailer for overlanding!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts