Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new engine and tranny on the way..

350 v8 LT1 Engine..
NV4500 tranny..

Keeping it all manual.

Also, I'll be adding another flowmaster 3 chamber exhaust, with exhaust tips but I'm unsure on what a good quality exhaust tip would be for a dual exhaust flowmaster system, with a V8...any hints ..help for ideas please :)

P.S. I'm nervous about my setup I got coming, please reasure me if it's an excellent idea, pros and cons and such..

I'm a new member but not new with Jeeps, I just found this forum, I'll be very active.

-Brent

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
A big welcome to this forum. With the transplant of a Chevy V8, you will have many obsticles. The least thing you will need to worry about, is your exhaust tip. That being said, I hope you enjoy this site, and good luck on your build.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Blide said:
I've got a new engine and tranny on the way..

350 v8 LT1 Engine..
NV4500 tranny..

Keeping it all manual.

Also, I'll be adding another flowmaster 3 chamber exhaust, with exhaust tips but I'm unsure on what a good quality exhaust tip would be for a dual exhaust flowmaster system, with a V8...any hints ..help for ideas please :)

P.S. I'm nervous about my setup I got coming, please reasure me if it's an excellent idea, pros and cons and such..

I'm a new member but not new with Jeeps, I just found this forum, I'll be very active.

-Brent
sounds like a strong tranny and you are gonna love that engine. My buddy dropped one of those in is YJ and oh my goodness that thing FLYS!!! when he floors it i start lookin at his hood and the sky...as for exhaust tips just get a stainless steel one that won't rust and you'll be fine or you can get whats called a "rolled" tip if you want that look or the thin kind...you can even get chrome but you will replace it sooner...no biggie though cause there not expensive

just wondering, did you want quiet exhaust or decently loud exhaust...3 chamber is one of the quietest mufflers you can get (although still not real real quiet on a V8)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I didn't want anything to loud, that's why I'm going 3 chamber...( I'd like it a little louder, but the neighborhood I'm in now already threatens me enough .. - haha )

My brother has a 1400 HP cobra, with borla on it, that's too loud for me, or my personal opinion for a jeep.

Like you said, the 3 chamber on a V8 naturally is going to sound louder than a 6 banger, but I wanted something loud but not ridiculously loud... I guess if you can understand that lol..

-Brent

P.S. Thanks for the welcome to the boards! I'll be a permanent member!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
ya it will be one of the quietest mufflers you can buy yet still not too quiet cause its on a V8...sounds like a great choice...let us know when you get it in...were glad to have ya here and we hope ya stick around, so welcome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do, I'll post a link for pictures and such. It'll be next week before I can get it all started. Then, another week for downtime then I'll have it back, then another day for the additional muffler add, so it'll be some time, but I will.
-Brent

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'll be very active.

-Brent
where ya at?? 32 posts in 2 years ?? oh and whered those pics go like you said youd post?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
where ya at?? 32 posts in 2 years ?? oh and whered those pics go like you said youd post?

i wanna see pics of a 1400 hp cobra, that he talked about :rofl:

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
doing a v8 swap and asking about what exhaust tip? :bottom:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I say you go with long tube headers, high flow cats and straight pipes that exit just in front of the rear tires.

If you want noise, add Flowmasters and tell your neighbors to piss off :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts