Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know part number for engine bay twist grommet by brake booster?. I need a new one; any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just curious: Why are you replacing it? And if you're running wires through there, why not replace it with a flexible grommet?

I am currently using that hole for 2 wires. I'd like to put some kind of grommet in there, but I don't know what I want to use yet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am currently using that hole for 2 wires. I'd like to put some kind of grommet in there, but I don't know what I want to use yet.
Rather then going out and trying to find a grommet that will work for a particular set-up, (have fun...) one can just use the stock 68336758AC PLUG-DASH, but modify it to their needs... So, in your case, you find a rubber grommet that fits well in regard those 2 wires of yours. Figure out the combined diameter of the two wires and buy a rubber grommet that fits lets say, spot on. NOW, you drill a hole in the 68336758AC PLUG-DASH, that corresponds to the rubber grommet. Place the rubber grommet in the hole and then you can just reinstall that PLUG-DASH in the firewall. Sure, there are many ways but the one I just mentioned is one I have seen a few JL guys go for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious: Why are you replacing it? And if you're running wires through there, why not replace it with a flexible grommet?

It leaked: even with silicone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Rather then going out and trying to find a grommet that will work for a particular set-up, (have fun...) one can just use the stock 68336758AC PLUG-DASH, but modify it to their needs... So, in your case, you find a rubber grommet that fits well in regard those 2 wires of yours. Figure out the combined diameter of the two wires and buy a rubber grommet that fits lets say, spot on. NOW, you drill a hole in the 68336758AC PLUG-DASH, that corresponds to the rubber grommet. Place the rubber grommet in the hole and then you can just reinstall that PLUG-DASH in the firewall. Sure, there are many ways but the one I just mentioned is one I have seen a few JL guys go for.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. Just modify the one that's there. I like the idea of putting a grommet inside the plug rather than finding a grommet to fit the hole and my wires. Thanks for the tip!

It leaked: even with silicone.

That was a fear of mine, but I haven't experienced that yet. There have been some "gully washers" since I took the plug out, but to be fair, I don't know that I DROVE much through them. Jeep was just sitting in the driveway. Haven't noticed any water intrusion, but I'm going to take a closer look when I can...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts