Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a complete re wiring job, pulling out all the vac lines
Moving the solenoid up higher on fire wall..

I have a bunch of holes, and a large one where the main harness came they.

My question is this has anyone used the brazing roads from homedepot/harbor freight to fill the holes, I know the bigger one will require a metal patch.

As always thank you

SDIVER2006

·
Registered
145 Posts
Rather than weld which would cause back side corrosion and let alone a fire hazard unless the dash is removed. I would use an automotive grade seam sealer to fill the smaller holes.
The larger one I would cut a patch just over the size and use seam sealer to hold it in place.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,697 Posts
The seam sealer is quicker. Too bad for me that I'm a nit-picker.
What I would do is look through the automotive hardware sites (E&G Terminal) or electrical hardware sites (Grainger) for just the right sized grommets.
Some come with holes in the center and others come with closed centers.

A patch over the hole where the computer (PCM) harness comes through the firewall is necessary.
Pic 1 is the inside
Pic 2 is the outside
Rivets and clear silicone.
The wire going through the firewall next to the patch is for the foglights.

Good Luck, L.M.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah, no way I would braze or weld those. Some type of paintable sealant for the small holes and maybe an aluminum plate, riveted and sealed for the large opening, although you would have to take into careful consideration where you drill the rivet holes.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Aluminum duct tape goes a long way if ur in a hurry....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts