Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Lately my 14jku is having engine coolant overheating problem

Dealership said it is because the mud and have to swap the whole radiator fan and hose

Is it a big project to do by myself in the driveway?

And how much would it cost if I order the parts by myself
It costs 2000 at the dealership ~

·
Registered
796 Posts
Even if I bought that excuse, why not wash it off?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
^^^Exactly , if the outside of the radiator and the fan got full of mud, why not just wash it off? Heck, you can take the front grill off very easy to get great access to the front of the radiator.

·
Registered
509 Posts
How hot is it getting? Temps from 205 to 226 are completely normal. Is this what you are seeing, OP, or higher than this?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
How is mud causing the fan to need replacement?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They washed it and still having the overheating problem

It will get to 120.c and up very fast

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
is the fan spinning? There are really only 2 requirements for a radiator to work, air going through it and no leaks. its pretty simple. Take the jeep to a car wash and get a little dirty, dont pay a dealership to wash your jeep.

·
Registered
605 Posts
How hot is it getting? Temps from 205 to 226 are completely normal. Is this what you are seeing, OP, or higher than this?
He said 120C which is 248F, doesn't sound too high, I don't think mud on the hoses can cause anything, they really don't play much of a role in cooling, I've done a lot of wheeling and never had my radiator caked with mud, how did that happen I wonder? and 2 grand to fix? Don't go to a dealership. He can probably find a YouTube video on how to replace the radiator, if that's really the problem, the whole thing sounds fishy?

·
Registered
138 Posts
G'day mate I had the same issues with my 2014 JKRU went through a heap of mud in the middle of summer and an hour later it was baked on..... had massive overheating problems and ended up having to pull lout the radiator to clean it properly. Its never being the same since and always runs high but i recently changed the coolant to OAT from Hoat that was in it after reading some other forums and it has runs 6 degrees Celsius cooler. The dealer told me as long as the needle is always moving up or down then it is fine.... i was getting temps up big hills of 240f....... now i sit around 200f.

I have also heard there is an aftermarket thermostat that will drop it by a few degrees as well....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts