Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my jeep has only 17k miles; however, I am having an issue with the engine randomly getting hot, the temperature usually gets about 3/4 of the way towards hot or higher and the A/C starts to put out hot air.

Background information:
-I am in Texas so it is usually over 100 every day, but I don't really think this could possibly effect the engine.
-Last time I went off roading (two weeks ago) the engine overheated, but I immediately stopped and let it cool down and have not had any issues until now, two weeks later
-It happens after I wash the car, so I dont know if there is somehow water trapped under the hood causing it to steam up and heat up the engine

It should still be under warranties etc. but I wanted to get everyone's opinions before I took it in. Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Obvious stuff:

Is the radiaitor plugged with dirt, grass, etc.? A pressure washer is your friend here as long as you don't get too crazy with it.

Is the belt tight?

Is the coolant level to the full mark in the overflow tank?

Keep in mind that the temp. gauge needle runs right in the middle (halfway) mark as normal. This took me some time to get used to. My other vehicles always ran about a quarter way up on the gauge.

I would guess it's either a water pump or thermostat issue.

Take it back to the dealer. I'm assuming it's under warranty. Dealing with 100 degree plus ambient temprature as the norm, I'd get after it pretty quick. You don't want a cooked engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts