Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on a trip with 03 wranger sport FULL of gear.The back seat out. We drove 250 miles stopped for gas. As soon as we exit highway Jp would hesitate on exceleration. It would run great until I would let off gas and excelerate again. After parking afew hours it was back to normal. Same problem coming home. I have driven it to lake without gear in back since without a single problem. Is it possible that the gear in back causes it to get hotter and possible vapor lock? It was mid 90s outside.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
sounds like you dindt get the recall, i believe there waqs a recall top add a heat shield, becasue when it gets hot the fuel rail overheats and doesnt work well, it sheilds it from heatr from the exhaust i believe, look for a aluminum looking heat sheild

but i think this is right i would wait for others to chime in i remember something about it but not exactly

·
Registered
70 Posts
sounds like you dindt get the recall, i believe there waqs a recall top add a heat shield, becasue when it gets hot the fuel rail overheats and doesnt work well, it sheilds it from heatr from the exhaust i believe, look for a aluminum looking heat sheild

but i think this is right i would wait for others to chime in i remember something about it but not exactly
How hot was the engine running about. Cause if the engine was running hotter then normal then It could be that and not the heat shield. I would check into that before you got into the heat shield

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is a flat aluminum piece between the engine and the gas rail on top. I thought maybe it was getting hot under the jeep from exhaust. The floor feels very hot after driving but I don't think this is something new. I wondered if the jeep being full of gear caused more heat to build up and not desipate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts