Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an issue a few weeks back with engine light came on, took it to dealer and they came up with p0461. they never cleared it. disconnected batery and cell went away. 2 weeks ago noticed gas cap seemed screwy so went to dealer and got another one. havent drove jeep in a few days so took it today. 5 mins after driving noticed engine light on. said o well probily the issue i had before now giving me probs. which was fuel sensor level 1 performance (p0461), but noticed today on taking off and going thru gears that about 3 grand , just about to shift that jeep seems to loose power. from what was explained on here from a previous post is that its a resistor of some sort with fingers on it that senses the amount of gas burning . would something like that cause the hesitation im experiencing. i know got to take it to the dealer . unfortunetly its off of the warranty, s its on my dime. ay help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
if they checked it before under warranty, and its back, they should cover it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Light was on all the way home, went out later to fill up jeep. On the way back home with the jeep full, engine light goes out. Obviously has something to do with the fuel
tensor

·
Registered
38 Posts
BUMP

Just got a CEL and happen to own a code reader. Got the P0461 and found this thread. Did you ever figure out what it was? It is a warranty item? I happen to have less than a 1/4 tank right now so I am sure it is a sensor thing. I have a 2015 JK with 19,000 miles on it.

Thanks!

/randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts