Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited Sahara.

Engine light is on. Dealer says it’s something on the oil pressure side. The high side to be exact, based on the code thrown (which I don’t have). Can’t get it in until next week but he says it’s okay to drive it.

Anyone have a similar experience or repair? Any info appreciated.

While this is a warranty item, I would like to know what caused it and what the fix is.

Thanks for any info,
Roll44 (Gary)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the dealer give your Jeep back to you with an unrepaired oil pressure issue?

No. I stopped by without an appointment to find out what the issue was. They scanned it and told me it was okay to drive it until I could get it in. Their soonest apt was the following Thursday.

Gary

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounds like an oil pressure sensor "out of range" problem. Happened to me a couple of years ago while heading out for a second day on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands. Shop in Moab assured me I could drive with the issue as did my hometown dealer shop. What freaked me out was seeing way high oil pressure reading. Couldn't stand going down into the canyon with such an issue and went home. Drove 1K miles or so home with no problems. I think repairs cost me something like 365 bucks. Wasn't covered by the driveline warranty on my '14 model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts