Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier last spring (2010) my engine light came on. I took it to a local shop and they told me it was the o2 sensor. I think it was called bank 2 but I don't remember, it was the one furthest back. Anyway the guy said "I can shut the light off but it will come right back on". He shut it off and it didn't come on for about 8 months. This is not my daily driver but I probably put 1000k miles or so on it before it came back on. After it came on I took it to another shop (I was in another town at the time) Same code, O2 sensor. The guy shut it off and it came back on the same day. Then the next time I drove it the light did not come on and has not been back on since. Is it possible there is a bad connection somewhere and the O2 sensor is not the problem or should I just go ahead and replace it. I have seen no other signs that anything else is wrong, still runs fine, gas mileage appears to be the same. I have probably put about 200 miles on it since the light shut off on it's own. What would you do with it? BTW it's a 99 TJ 2.5.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.