Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there is a sticky or thread on this but just wanted a little input. Tonight I took my 12 jku down to my wife's family pond, nothing rough but kinda steep. After going down and wasting time we started to leave and as I was backing up the check engine light came on. I drove out and ran code and got nothing.. just said done. Drove home which is prob 15 mile and ran code again and got nothing. Waited 5 min and did it again and got p0302 which I saw was cylinder misfire on cylinder 2. How many people have had trouble getting dealer to look into this.. I'm gonna blow a gasket if I drive a hr to go there and they flash it and send me home and days later I gotta go bk and get work done. They don't like giving loaner cars. Thsnks

·
Registered
381 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm sure there is a sticky or thread on this but just wanted a little input. Tonight I took my 12 jku down to my wife's family pond, nothing rough but kinda steep. After going down and wasting time we started to leave and as I was backing up the check engine light came on. I drove out and ran code and got nothing.. just said done. Drove home which is prob 15 mile and ran code again and got nothing. Waited 5 min and did it again and got p0302 which I saw was cylinder misfire on cylinder 2. How many people have had trouble getting dealer to look into this.. I'm gonna blow a gasket if I drive a hr to go there and they flash it and send me home and days later I gotta go bk and get work done. They don't like giving loaner cars. Thsnks

Ive heard that the '12s had cylinder head issues that would throw misfire codes. Hopefully the dealership will take care of it. They will probably jsut reset the code first, then if it comes back look into replacing the cylinder head. Ive not experenced anything about it, but that is what it seems to be happyening to people

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they scheduled me for next Monday but now the light went out so who knows what they'll say if I take it without light on.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Don't sweat this too much. I had a '12 with around 21K miles and it tossed a code (misfire, head candidate). I was headed out to Colorado and Yellowstone the next morning for a wheeling trip and put around 5500 miles on it. No issues. Got back and they replaced the head at around 27K.

I traded it this afternoon for a 2014 (it had 52,700 miles on it).

Assuming you need a new head:
If you call the 1-800 #, Jeep should give you a free Enterprise loaner for a few days. They did for me (and others) - no problem.

At first glance it seems like an annoyance, but it's not that bad - unless you get a bus-sized Grand Caravan loaner like I did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to garage and they claim they hooked it up to scan tool and drove it and it was fine. They reset light and sent me on my way and following day the cel came bk on but I didn't get a code. So I'm kinda lost at the moment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts