Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/TiO0r_cpp_U

Listen to the video. What do you all think is going on?

Oil changed about three weeks ago. Took a 4172 mile trip to Colorado and did some wheeling got in last Sunday. Noticed this noise on start up yesterday. I used the 5w-20 oil as specs call for. Can see no evidence of leaking. I had a lifter tick at high altitude and can still faintly hear it after this racket calms down after a few minutes at idle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dropped off at dealership on Monday. Service customer service write up guy writes it up as belt noise. Calls me Tuesday says starter bending is broken and rubbing flywheel have to order a new starter will call me on Wednesday BTW $475 for the starter...yeah I know.

No call on Wednesday or today. I call them about 6:30 tonight. J tellls me yeah just finishing up installing valve covers. What? Did you have to remove the Valve Covers to install the starter? Oh that must be why the $100 starter is $475. He laughs. I said last we talked you were ordering a starter and installing it to solve the issue. Oh yeah, we got that done still had noise and we have been down that trail before so we took care of the top end under the power train warranty...just getting finished replacing top end of the motor you know the works....new camshafts roller rocker arms, lifters valves etc. should be ready tomorrow for pick up.

Great job to proactively address the issue and handle it without argument I guess the starter is the pay to play fee!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts