Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a 4" suspension lift installed in my 04' Rubicon and noticed that, among other things, the engine is tilted downward (fan is higher than the engine and it tilts downward towards the tran). I am not sure if this is a normal occurance, but I do feel a movement of a component when excellerating quickly or coming to an abrupt stop. It almost feels as if the motor is moving, but it is secured to the motor mounts. Also dealing with DW at 50mph, but it stops once I get to 55mph. The track bar's components are tight, so bushings? Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You have a drop spacer on your transfer case that is why you engine is tilted as for your vibe , I have a 4" lift on my tj check your driveshaft angle . I had the same problem and only way I could fix it was a slip yoke eliminator kit and double carden drive shaft and adjustable rear trailing arms. Check out Tom woods driveshaft site very informative . After installing kit I removed transfer case drop the more you do to a jeep the more you have to do .

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
FYI Death wobble does not go away at 55. A lot of Jeeps including mine do have a shimmy at 50-55. It's mostly likely an out balance tire.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Yep..SYE and a new driveshaft are what you need. The spacers to lower the skid plate are just a work around and the only way to fix it is increased drive shaft length. There is a stickie at the top of the forum page that gives good advice on the DW.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Your Rubicon does not have a slip yoke....so don't purchase a SYE. You will need a new aftermarket CV Driveshaft soon enough. You WILL KNOW when you need one. I have an 04 Rubicon as well, 4" suspension lift.....still have stock rear driveshaft. Been almost a year since I installed 4" lift. As for the Death Wobble, I have it as well. I bandaged it by purchasing a Rancho Steering Stabilizer. No more DW at all. BUT this doesn't mean the DW issue has been fixed....hence, my saying "bandaged." Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the SYE and driveshaft advice. As for the DW, it is a pretty bad shimmy. I've got new 34" AT and they've been balanced. I had this same issue with the stock tires and the shimmy nearly caused me to have a wreck one day. Is there anything else that can attribute to the shimmy? I'm getting tired of picking up my change after it continually gets shaken out of the change holder. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Did you read the DW sticky?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts