Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all those YJ lovers; I have found my solution of an engine 'quitting' or the engine dies after hitting a good bump in the road, a Crankshaft Position Sensor fixed my issue. Imagine in off road driving.
You can go through tests on individual components, and you should! But when the first diagnosis doesn't fix the engine quitting(dies like the ignition switch was turned off) at normal operating temperature and going to the next thing as the problem. We found a lot of wire 'jiggling' could find the culprit causing this problem.
The Crankshaft Position Sensor passed its testing phase (+/- 75 ohms), its wire appearance - secure and intact, and connections were good. Started jiggling wires around engine/ tranny area; specifically the ground wires, then sensor wires, with engine running at N.O. Temp, found that the Crankshaft Sensor wire when jiggled at warm/hot temp shut off the engine like turning off the key.
But definitely chock the wheels and have the parking brake engaged before getting under the vehicle, especially with it running!
Off road, here we go!!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
:thumb:Great post, you have have a trail spare too many go bad and are posted as a problem right here. They don't cost much and take up no space at all. Thanks!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts