Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Wrangler with a 2.5 litre and a 5 speed in it with 195 thousand on it that i just got i dont really want to go through the hassle of putting in a new motor i would just like to rebuild the one that is in it because i know it is pretty wore out I am basically just wandering if you guys know where i could find a rebuild kit for the 2.5 i researched a little but cant find much so i figured i would come to you guys for help if you know where i could get some parts that would help me let me know

thanks

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
just my suggestion of other things you'll want-

• Micrometer/Feler guages/micrometer strip (cant remember the name, its the green stuff you put between bearing surfaces and torque it down and check your clearance in thousandths)
  • Cylinder mics (or barrow some to check for egg shape) if the cylinders are egg shaped you can have it bored or honed depending how bad they are)
  • Torque wrench
  • Sockets w/extentions
  • Engine puller/Engine stand (makes it a heck of a lot easier)
  • Engine assembly grease to coat each new contact surface
  • clean workbench to lay parts out on in the order in which they came out (very important for any rebuild)
  • kerosene or something and a small tub or bucket to clean parts in as they come out
  • lots of rags
  • gunk degreaser to spray 'er all and clean before you start to pull the engine
Have fun! I've heard that hearing an engine fire up for the first time after a rebuild is as close as a man can come to the joy of childbirth! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts