Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I managed to damage my engine splash shield, it should surprise no one that the part is no longer made, so the search began.

I found a company that not only has the original material but is willing to cut them out, coincidentally he also makes our gas tank pads

Anyway I’m going to send him mine for a template soon and I just thought more people might be interested in acquiring one of these?

According to Chrysler part catalogs the splash shield in question (SHIELD, Alternator Splash) fits the 91-95 2.5 & 4.0 engines of our YJ’s.

If you are interested reply and I will get the word out to him so he can have an idea how many to make.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would go to the hardware store & pick-up a role of rubber mat & a sharp box knife.
Unroll the mat > throw your orig on it > trace it > cut it.
Just an idea & pretty cheap to do...

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would go to the hardware store & pick-up a role of rubber mat & a sharp box knife.
Unroll the mat > throw your orig on it > trace it > cut it.
Just an idea & pretty cheap to do...
I could do this, I could even buy the original material as well and do it, however supporting these guys who still make parts for our old vehicles is also something I could do :)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I ripped my engine splash shields out years ago the gas tank pad would be nice to have though. Last time i dropped my tank my pad was still in good shape though.

Reactions: banjotx

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
The Rear fender wells that protect the taillights would be awesome too.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Yes they have that little 90* bend with the plastic pins to hold it onto fender well, Mine are all broken at the 90 requiring creative zip tying. Don't know what your guy is set up for, just reminded about it when I saw your post.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think this guy primarily deals with rubber materials, we would be looking for some one that does injection molding for those and the molds them selves might be cost prohibitive.

I wonder about 3D printing though?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I think this guy primarily deals with rubber materials, we would be looking for some one that does injection molding for those and the molds them selves might be cost prohibitive.

I wonder about 3D printing though?

I would love to have new rear fender liners and flaps that keep mud out of the taillight area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still very very interested in buying one of these. I am also very flexible on pricing. (Ha Ha I guess I just made a joke)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would love to have new rear fender liners and flaps that keep mud out of the taillight area.
Mine where missing, PO must have ditched them in some sort of infanite wisdom. Got some from JW. Now I don’t hear gravel bouncing off the rear fender wells like a shooting arcade. Lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine where missing, PO must have ditched them in some sort of infanite wisdom. Got some from JW. Now I don’t hear gravel bouncing off the rear fender wells like a shooting arcade. Lol
Cool. And JW is??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
766 Posts
They are a Jeep only wrecking yard just east of Sacramento.

Jwjeep.com.

Reactions: Sonny S
1 - 20 of 121 Posts