Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update:

He has my splash shield in hand (4/15), and is aware there are others interested.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don’t he already offered.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I don’t he already offered.
Good deal.... you are in a position to generate at least a few sales for him.... shows good faith on his part to hook you up in return...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used OTR mud flaps for rear inner fender liners. Cut them a !little wider than they have to be and the pressure of being slightly to large holds then in place. Get junkers cheap or off the side of the road.

·
Registered
130 Posts
@IRQ I was looking at my jeep over the weekend and thinking about this splash shield. I honestly didn't even know there was ever one from the factory and was wondering what exactly it mounts to. Looks like it mounts to the frame on the sides, but what about the front and back?

Also any ideas on the clips we need to install? It looks like part #30 in the diagram from the first post, but there is no part number listed. I believe they might be 6030441?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The portion with 3 holes mounts right under the shroud, the back is not mounted, there are 2-3 mounting points on each frame rail.

It is fastened by those plastic push pins (you know the ones that never come out), they can be typically acquired at any auto parts store.

Here’s a photo I took a number of years ago when I had my grille off that should illustrate it well.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
According to Chrysler part catalogs the splash shield in question (SHIELD, Alternator Splash) fits the 91-95 2.5 & 4.0 engines of our YJ’s.
........................................................................................................
My '87 naturally didn't have such an item. I wonder if it's a benefit to retrofit one on my heap? We don't have a lot of water crossings here in Colorado but if it protects the alternator, it just might protect the distributor too.
The clips to install it should be available in any auto parts store.

Then again, it might be more trouble than it's worth. Gee, figuring this out is my greatest problem of the day.
Life is good.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: rushwal

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I think the hardest part would be getting a drill in the engine bay to make the holes in the frame rails, on top of what you mentioned... it would probably aid in keeping your engine bay cleaner.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think the hardest part would be getting a drill in the engine bay to make the holes in the frame rails, on top of what you mentioned... it would probably aid in keeping your engine bay cleaner.
the holes should already be there.

but I haven't had my shroud in place for a year or so. Is it really that necessary?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

the holes should already be there.

but I haven't had my shroud in place for a year or so. Is it really that necessary?
The holes comment was directed at Luckymacs question of retrofitting a pre 91 YJ

Ask me how I damaged my splash shield ;)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I received them in the mail today, here are some photos...

As a bonus it looks like he is providing the plastic pins

Old overlaying new

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks good.
Where's mine? :)
Not on his website yet. Are you giving it the stamp of approval before they're available?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looks good.
Where's mine? :)
Not on his website yet. Are you giving it the stamp of approval before they're available?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I’m not sure why he hasn’t listed them on his website yet, but yes this is a perfect replica in every sense of the word.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
How did you damage your splash shield?
Recently I changed my water pump which required the removal of the shroud, when the pump was installed and I was ready to test it I took a short drive to the end of my driveway, that was all it took for the fan to suck up the splash shield and damage it, luckily it wasn’t at a much faster pace or some serious damage may have of occurred.

So in a nut shell the splash shield requires the shroud.

21 - 40 of 121 Posts