Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full tank of gas, and I've noticed my engine has started spuddering when I drive it. It gets over it and keeps trucking along. I've noticed it most when I give it a bit of gas when driving in first and then in 2nd. What do I do?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Water in the fuel? Id try adding a water remover to your fuel would be the first thing id try.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Maybe when you bought gas you stirred up all the sediment in the tank?????

·
Registered
391 Posts
Fuel pump strainer?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only way to describe it would be like a heart missing a beat. You can just feel it temporarily not firing properly. It feels like its out of gas. But isn't.. Could it be my distributor?

·
Registered
132 Posts
94Wrangler4.0 said:
Fuel pump strainer?
Mine went with similar symptoms. Kept getting worse till eventually I couldn't go faster than 10 or 15 without it bogging and dying.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't find this fuel pump strainer? All I get are sending units and fuel pumps. Got a link?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm dealing with a similar issue. I hope it's bad gas. I ran out most of it and got fresh gas from a different station and added some treatment. This weekend I'm going to cruise around as much as possible to hopefully clean it out. Then I might change the fuel filter.

I think i got bad gas because the station I was at had several pumps off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts