Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Wrangler with a 4-cyl and 5-speed manual. Since i've lifted and gone to 33" tires I'd like to drop something into it with a little more power. I was hoping somebody could help me out some here.

1) Should I find a 4.0 to put in or is there something else that you would suggest? Keep in mind I'm trying to keep the price down. Don't need a diesel or anything.

2) Would the 4.0 (or the suggested motor) bolt up directly to the stock transmission in the jeep?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if its a 4 popper, they should be 4.10s
the gears are still stock, so yeah i believe that means they are 4:10. Re-gearing is an option i've looked into a little and may still do that if I can't find a motor at the price to fit my budget.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What v8 do you suggest goose? I doubt it will, but do you know if it would bolt up to the stock manual 5spd?

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
Honestly you don't wanna put anything in front of an AX-5 tranny (they blow up with a 2.5 in front of them)...if you can find an AX15 and transfercase from a 4.0 jeep, you can put pretty much any ford or chevy motor in front of it with an adapter...or you can do what I do and change it all over to whatever brand you choose :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts