Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into potentially doing an engine swap. what i am undecided on is the engine. i have a 94' YJ with the 2.5l, stock gears and 33s and i am going to college in the mountains so i need something bigger. my question would be how much bigger of an engine do you guys think i would need? id also like to get 35s, but that can wait til much later if it has to, just a potential "thinking ahead" factor

i have been looking at 350 builds, and diesel 4bts mainly, but those are just the two that i have found alot of builds on. does anyone have any ideas? i dont have a ton of money to work with but i would want to do it right regardless. also i plan to swap in an 8.8 in the rear for strength.

if you have anything negative to say to me for asking questions i would appreciate it if you kept it to yourself. im 18, im not a mechanic by any means but i am learning as i go and i know plenty of people who have shops, and expertise that will help me make this happen. all i want is input...

go! :thumb:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just put 33s on my 98 2.5 and was running the stock tires before I put anything bigger on so far I have had the 33s on for a week or two and no problems with power loss or atleast nothing to bad but yet again I haven't driven it too much and nothing to bad like hills or stuff but I like it a lot here are some pics also a work in progress still

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts