Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some (if any) differences in the 95 xj 4.0 and a 93 yj 4.0. My yj is a manual and the xj is auto. I know the 95 4.0 is a H.O. Can i just simply bolt my flywheel to the 95? Any differences in pilot bearing sizes? Will i need the wiring harness and ecm from the 95?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Do you plan on rebuilding the xj motor?

To answer your question, the accessory drive is different, chances are the oil pressure sending unit is different, there are 2 main types, one actually gives a pressure, one just activates a dummy light. Yes you can bolt your flywheel up to it, automatics don't have pilot bearings so you'll need one that matches your ax15. No you wont need a wiring harness or ecm from the xj..

My recommendation, strip the xj long block and transfer over your accessory drive (ie, the brackets and associated accessories), the oil pressure sending unit, and your intake/exhaust manifolds. Now's a good time to check to see how cracked your exhaust manifold is, and then buy a new one with expansion joints. Also remove the oil filter adapter so your oil filter mounts the same as in your jeep.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts