Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do to recent events my 4.0 is done for so time to start looking for a new engine. I am contemplating putting a 4bt in it and know that it won't be cheap or easy but thing it would be worth it. I don't wish to put a Chevy 350 in it. I am not fond of it. I am also looking at the 5.7 hemi. Hoping for anyone's suggestions.

Registered
See the link to my build thread below. It's a 50 state CARB certified hemi conversion.

The hemi or an LS are the only ones I'd consider. Be advised.. It ain't a cheap or weekend job if you do it yourself. Time,money,planning and proper tools are mandatory.

And it was worth every penny spent 馃憤

Registered
Why not a stroked 4.0... I think they are a 4.7. Bolt in no fab. Minimal mods
Golen makes a bulletproof 4.6, but you could make it anything from 4.5-4.9 really. I think ATK makes a 4.7 crate engine. When my 4.0 is done I plan on putting a Golen 4.6 in my LJ.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See the link to my build thread below. It's a 50 state CARB certified hemi conversion. The hemi or an LS are the only ones I'd consider. Be advised.. It ain't a cheap or weekend job if you do it yourself. Time,money,planning and proper tools are mandatory. And it was worth every penny spent ddc4d
yeah I definitely will!

Registered
The 4bt will be a nightmare....... Its the reason why so few are done.
Heavy, vibrates like crazy and heavy...

Going V8 is a smart way to get some serious power on the lighter side of weight.

a 5.3 out of a Chevy will be about as cheap as you will get and have serious power.
Or any dodge 5.2 or 5.9 from around 99 up.. the Hemi is just too dang expensive unless you find a complete wrecked donor..

I have done every type of swap known.... I will not do a 4bt...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a huge pain but I decided not to go with a 4bt and that it would be easier to put a 4.7 stroker that was turboed in and it should get some where in the ball park of 300 hp and 320 ft/lb torque

Registered
It's a huge pain but I decided not to go with a 4bt and that it would be easier to put a 4.7 stroker that was turboed in and it should get some where in the ball park of 300 hp and 320 ft/lb torque
Good luck with getting any kind of reliability out of it..All I have ever heard is drivability issues and fighting the ECMs..A turbo will only complicate the matter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts