Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in new plugs from the stealership 5k miles ago. I pulled them out and they were clean, no problems except the gap was now around 40.
So, is this normal? Info: 02 Sport 4.0/auto running fine but mileage is 13-14mpg. 3.73 gears and new 30's.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Tdog02 said:
I put in new plugs from the stealership 5k miles ago. I pulled them out and they were clean, no problems except the gap was now around 40.
So, is this normal? Info: 02 Sport 4.0/auto running fine but mileage is 13-14mpg. 3.73 gears and new 30's.
Gap should be .035, so if you meant .040, they either lost their gap quickly or were put in that way. I prefer Champion 7034's.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they were .35 when they went in cause I checked them. I was wondering what made the gap grow to .40 in just 5k miles? They still looked good, clean combustion and no noticeable wear. My mileage has been a little low in my opinion, ranging from 13 to 14 with easy driving. I thought it should be 15 at least with an unmodded jeep and 3.73 gears. I was hoping someone on here with a lot more knowledge about spark plugs could let me know if that's normal or an indicator of something I should fix. I know more about diesel's and they don't have sparkys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts