Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 rubicon.
I had a superchip on my 2007 sport and loved it. Yes I'm worried about warranty work and engine longevity but I want a tuner for speedometer accuracy, fan control while crawling, performance and maintenance reminders. I like the touch screen quick change ability. None which is at all critical where I can't just get a cheaper tuner to only correct the speedometer. I want to keep this rubicon so I do not want to damage the engine. I hear horror stories though of vehicles not being able to change gears and lockers not working.
1. Is the awesomeness of a tuner worth the possible problems?
2. Which one ( I heard 2015 just got produced) is recommended.
3. The tuner was amazing on my 2007 but now that the engine is upgraded is it really worth it?

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Just bought a 2015 rubicon.
I had a superchip on my 2007 sport and loved it. Yes I'm worried about warranty work and engine longevity but I want a tuner for speedometer accuracy, fan control while crawling, performance and maintenance reminders. I like the touch screen quick change ability. None which is at all critical where I can't just get a cheaper tuner to only correct the speedometer. I want to keep this rubicon so I do not want to damage the engine. I hear horror stories though of vehicles not being able to change gears and lockers not working.
1. Is the awesomeness of a tuner worth the possible problems?
2. Which one ( I heard 2015 just got produced) is recommended.
3. The tuner was amazing on my 2007 but now that the engine is upgraded is it really worth it?
I think you'll find a lot of people don't suggest tuners for adding power, however they do have all the features you mentioned. If you save your factory ECU files you can flash the computer back to stock when you take it in for service if you're worried about your warranty.

The Superchips Flashcal will give you all the functions you want but not the engine performance upgrades. The Superchips Flashpaq has higher octane tunes that will add some performance increases.

Let me know if you have questions or if you'd like a quote on anything!

-Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts