Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my zone 4.25" combo lift this past weekend and I have some engine vibes when I press the gas. I feel it more around 30-35 then it slacks off some. suggestions? I got my full alignment this morning. I believe I read where some people put washers under something and it stopped it but I can't seem to find that thread anymore, pretty sure it was a zone specific thread. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
677 Posts
More than likely they are talking about putting some washer on the skip plate to act as a t-case drop.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've been following your lift thread and I wanted to make sure you installed your motor mount lift. It seems pretty weird that you're getting vibes but like Coy said, just install some washers above the trans skid and it should go away.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More than likely they are talking about putting some washer on the skip plate to act as a t-case drop.
yeah that sounds like what I remember it was

I've been following your lift thread and I wanted to make sure you installed your motor mount lift. It seems pretty weird that you're getting vibes but like Coy said, just install some washers above the trans skid and it should go away.
yes I installed the MML. like everyone says each jeep is different so some have it and some don't. so all I have to do it unbolt the trans skid, put some washed between the skid an the body and put it back together?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Just insert a few washers (~1/4") between your skid plate and frame.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. Lower it down with a jack and do one side at a time. You probably won't need that much space, maybe 1/8"-1/2". Someone else would be better with the numbers...like Dextreme :)

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Having that ~1/4" gap is a good thing anyways as it prevents the frame from rotting from trapped moisture/mud.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome guys thanks a bunch! gonna do that along with putting in my bump stop extensions today after work! what size washers? or Better I ask what size bolt is it? I can get some washers from work

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
awesome guys thanks a bunch! gonna do that along with putting in my bump stop extensions today after work! what size washers? or Better I ask what size bolt is it? I can get some washers from work
What I did is pull one bolt out, then take it to your local farm or hardware store and get some Stainless steel washers (or take it to your work). Seems to me I used some grade 8 washers on mine.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I did is pull one bolt out, then take it to your local farm or hardware store and get some Stainless steel washers (or take it to your work). Seems to me I used some grade 8 washers on mine.
good idea dextreme I'll do that, didn't even think about using stainless steel over the regular I believe zinc ones we have at work. I'll have to see if we have SS washers

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
got about 2 on each one dextreme?
I think it might have been 3 washers thick on mine, but since they come in different thickness, just figure out how many you need to build up about 1/4". I would have a few extra on hand in case you need to add 1 or 2 more per bolt after you do a test drive.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it might have been 3 washers thick on mine, but since they come in different thickness, just figure out how many you need to build up about 1/4". I would have a few extra on hand in case you need to add 1 or 2 more per bolt after you do a test drive.
ok awesome thanks bud, and I always buy extra just incase. the hardware store closed 18 minutes ago and I'm just getting off of work....... should I install the zinc ones now if they fit or just not waste my time and wait to get some stainless ones then do it?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how does dropping the transfer case skid plate stop the engine vibes exactly? I put 5 washers on each of the 6 bolts and it helped a bit, think ima put another 2 on it and that'll stop it completely hopefully.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts