Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently my engine likes to whistle once I press the gas pedal about past halfway. The whistle does not occur when it idles. It is a 1989 4.2L engine with a weber 2 bbl carb on it. I have not done any inspection on it myself bc I have no idea where to start. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Do you have some type of aftermarket intake? Or just a filter on top of the Carb.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Will hmmm check all your vacuum lines for a hole.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
:rofl:Had a couple of young hotties whistle at me in traffic the other day!!!! They like my "cute" JEEP!!! and I thought it was me!!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Seriously with all that has been posted vacuum leak all the classic symptoms.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't seem to be a vaccine hose. I checked my hoses today. Couldn't find a leak. I think the engine is finally saying its good byes :-( I did a compression test and there is a 15psi difference from the no. 1 to the no. 6 cylinder.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
15psi on an old motor isn't the end at least is starts easier with low compression. Maybe the miles are catching up might be time for an upgrade SBC sound s good got all winter to put one in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts