Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 JK. Key out and engine still running!! U0114-U0103-P0480 codes. I’m not sure if the computer module needs to be replaced or if this issues are caused by a smaller problem. Has anyone experienced something like this !? Please help. Thanks.

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,570 Posts
2014 JK. Key out and engine still running!! U0114-U0103-P0480 codes. I’m not sure if the computer module needs to be replaced or if this issues are caused by a smaller problem. Has anyone experienced something like this !? Please help. Thanks.
Hi JKLG13,
We're sorry to hear about this. Are you considering having your dealer take a look? Please do not hesitate to PM us if additional assistance is needed throughout your service visit.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
All those codes you have a common thread and that is they are CAN Bus related. The symptom of turning the jeep off and it still running requires CAN bus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for responding! I have after market LED head lights and radio. Do you think I should switch the can buss from the radio device ? Even though the radio has not shown any signs of problems or malfunctions. One of the fog lights does not work. Not sure why..... just thought I’d mention this details... either way I’m reliefs it’s not the computer module!! They told me it’s abaje 976$ just for the module without the software installation...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I though about that too, but then the code that shows loosing connections with the fan 1 got me thinking that it was not just a starting and turning off problem. I did try to reset the computer by taking the black battery cable out for 40 minutes and the connect it back again. When I did that the engine light disappeared. I ran the code reader again and it still shows the P0480 and U0103 and U0114. Prior to this, there were other codes popping up but they were gone after resetting the computer. Any thoughts ? Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and commenting. Any help I can get is truly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 1964 Chevy II did the same thing.
Thanks for commenting everyone. We found out the issue. All the codes were corrected by switching the TIPM. 700 Bucks for the new TIPM, but at least I know what was wrong with it. Thanks again for all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts