Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so im starring to price out/compare different winches. I was looking into the engo winches as they have a great reputation, customer service I've seen and a great reviews. probably the 9000lb one.

I have a dv8 stinger bumper which doesn't have a front metal so I need to get a winch plate to mount the fair lead. As you can see I only have 4 holes in the middle for mounting a winch plate. so I was wanting to know which winch plates would fit there? I've seen a few that are about 30 inches wide but that's to wide for my taste, i think I would need something about 15-20" wide to fit just underneath the winch. Does anyone know of a plate that will fit like that? I havn't started looking yet. also post up some pictures and reviews on your engo winch, doesn't have to be the 9000 one just want to see how they look mounted in our jeeps. thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Well, I have not had a chance to use it yet, but Allen's Off Road (a forum vendor) had the best price and the plate worked great on my stock bumper. Here is a not so good pic.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sorry I don't have any useful input, but where did you find a DV8 to fit a TJ?

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
have you checked with the bumper manufacturer? maybe they make a mount that works well with their bumper...

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
Keep in mind that winch mounting plates bolt to the frame underneath the bumper, they don't bold to the bumper itself... the winch bolts to the mounting plate and the mounting plate bolts to the frame through the same four top bolt holes that hold the bumper on. The mounting bolts only pass through the bumper to the frame.

SOME bumpers have a built-in winch mount and from those four bolt holes on yours, it appears yours may be one of them. Check with your manufacturer, you may not need a conventional winch mounting plate.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep in mind that winch mounting plates bolt to the frame underneath the bumper, they don't bold to the bumper itself... the winch bolts to the mounting plate and the mounting plate bolts to the frame through the same four top bolt holes that hold the bumper on. The mounting bolts only pass through the bumper to the frame.

SOME bumpers have a built-in winch mount and from those four bolt holes on yours, it appears yours may be one of them. Check with your manufacturer, you may not need a conventional winch mounting plate.
like I said earlier i meant fair lead mount not winch. thanks and I understand that jerry, but my friend cut the front of the bumper where the fair lead would go. so I don't have a place to put the fair lead. see what I'm talking about with the rectangle cut above the circle holes. I've looked on their site an the bumper initially doesn't have the rectangle cut and has 4 more holes for the fair lead mount.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the engo 10k and love it. Has worked perfectly for me and I couldn't beat the price
I was looking at maybe getting the 10K as it's cheaper than the 9K with synthetic. when my steel rope goes out get a synthetic or just buy one out right an still be cheaper than the other one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts