Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving down a hill, and I felt my brakes give a little... Nothing major but enough to to where I can feel it. Then my dash light up like a Christmas tree. I've needed new brake for a month or so and I figured I just needed to finally replace them (keep in mind I'm not mechanical at all) until I got on the highway and realized my cruse control didn't work... Will replacing my brakes fix this? Do I need a new abs sensor? I bought it used from an individual and if I take it to the shop this will be the second time it'd be in the shop.... And I've only had it since January.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Wheel speed sensor possibly, by chance is your Jeep covered in mud?! LOL

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah. Just search jeep jk ball joint replacement on YouTube. It'll show you how to do the speed sensor. You need to figure out which one is effed up first. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
is there an easy way to figure it out?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
would lose cables make the cruse control not work?
Lack of voltage can cause all kinds of issues with the electrical systems. Check your cables.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Wow a crop of the ABS/ESC issues, 3rd thread tonight. I had the same thing, down to the brake grab. Initial auto part store reading was RightRear speed sensor. Replaced it, btw rears are S I M P L E! Long story short, broken wire. Anytime you get an ABS codes, cruise is disabled. If you take to a auto parts place for an reading, make sure the reader that they are using has an ABS section. Not all readers do. Mine came up with RR speed sensor in the regular section and improbable input in the ABS section. Cause: broken wire.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow a crop of the ABS/ESC issues, 3rd thread tonight. I had the same thing, down to the brake grab. Initial auto part store reading was RightRear speed sensor. Replaced it, btw rears are S I M P L E! Long story short, broken wire. Anytime you get an ABS codes, cruise is disabled. If you take to a auto parts place for an reading, make sure the reader that they are using has an ABS section. Not all readers do. Mine came up with RR speed sensor in the regular section and improbable input in the ABS section. Cause: broken wire.
where was the wire broken? In the abs sensor? I'm having trouble finding the problem...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
where was the wire broken? In the abs sensor? I'm having trouble finding the problem...
I took it to the dealer and then found a "B2" circuit error (IIRC) and from what they told me, the wiring goes from the rear sensors then up front sandwiched between the frame and the gas tank. Have you gotten an "improbable" error? What that means that 3 of 4 sensors were reading a speed and the 1 wasn't. So it is improbable that was real.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Check all your ground connections and spray them with WD 40. There is a ground in the drivers side foot well next to your left foot. IF your like me and rest your foot there with big dirty boots from the winter, i bet its all dirty. Again clean it and spay it with a bit of wd-40 and make sure the connection is tight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts