Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last sunday I purchased a 2011 Rubicon. The build sheet indicates it has Electronic Stabilitiy Program. It does not have the ESC off switch anywhere on the front or left panel. I have herd that some 2011 do have it. I'm wondering if on mine they did away with having the ability to turn it off, or if they combined the function with the Traction control switch which I do have? There is nothing about it in the manual. I wonder how I could find out? The service dept at the dealer haven't a clue :(

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Traction control switch is the esp switch. Think of a pyramid. ABS brakes at the bottom, traction control in the middle and esp being the peak. ESP includes abs and traction control. Can't have esp without the base and middle.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It was in every 2007 and up JK so I find it hard to believe they would sell a 2011 without it.

You can see it in the pic below in front of the gear selector right next to the hill descent button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was in every 2007 and up JK so I find it hard to believe they would sell a 2011 without it.

You can see it in the pic below in front of the gear selector right next to the hill descent button.

by looking at that pic i'm also missing the hill assist switch. That was moved to the Vehicle Information system under the speedometer as a personal settings option. but there still is no ESC option there to turn it on and off

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I have figured it out. The switch with a symbol of a jeep leaving a wheel trial behind it is the ESC OFF and the missing switch is the hill assist which was moved to the Vehicle Information Center option. I think it used to say ESC OFF on the 2007 to 2010 and now it is just a symbol to confuse old farts like me :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts