Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got stuck in some deep snow tonight and once i used 4wd and finally got out and parked i noticed my esp and abs light on??? any ideas what it could be..

Thanks

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
See if your steering wheel is still straight too. If you were working it left and right while trying to get out you may have off-centered the steering wheel a little. That can also cause the esp to go nuts.

The abs light may reflect some snow or ice in the brakes. Either wash the underside of the Jeep or give it a little time to melt out - depending on the weather. I prefer to just hit it with a self serve car wash on rinse to melt everything out. Hopefully that's all it is and it's not a sensor issue.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright well once again you Guys are awesome!!! I just went around the block and they turned off. It must of been snow build up. I did literally drive through 16 inches of snow. I must also say for stock tires on a Sahara they did pretty well for Chicago's first major storm!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The same thing happens with me when I go through deep water--it eventually dries out and is fine afterwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts