Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all,

So this past Sunday, my ESP/BAS Light and my Traction Control Light came one and stayed on. Took it to the dealership and apparently it was my allignment. My JK is only 14K miles old and I dont recall that I hit anything that would cause my allignment to go off (But dont hold me to that). So I was wondering if you any of you all had this same experience and if it was actually your allignment as well. The dealership said this was probably the main cause and it wasnt the spring in the steering column or any other problems. The weirdest thing is that it came on after I started her up at a Target parking lot.

Jeremy

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just had the same thing happen along with the low trac light. There is an update for the low trac light and the ESP/BAS was from a bad clock spring.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
;) Thats why I never go in TARGET parking lots !!

Just kidding, I've modified mine quite a bit and NO ESP lights/icons, untill I push the ESP sw.

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had the same experience just after reaching 14K on my 09.
Can't remember if it was a Target parking lot.:)
But, it just came on. After a couple of starts, it went off and I thought all was well. It finally came on and stayed on.

It was not the clockspring or the alignment on mine. Actually had a bad sensor that was back ordered several weeks. This sensor fits under the center console and is the one that apparently feels when the vehicle is not going straight, level, etc. After it was replaced, and since, everything it fine!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah had to pay for an alignment..i guess thats alright if my JK needed it

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Did you notice if your steering wheel was not centered?

Mine came on after I removed my entire front axle assemmbly to weld in EVO sleeves & C gussets. When I bolted it all together, the esp bas light came on & stayed on.

My steering wheel was no longer centered. I crawled under it & adjusted
it & the light went out 20 miles later.

Glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine came on around 5k miles while I was driving on the highway at the end of a very long drive (15 hours). It went out the next time I started the Jeep. It hasn't returned...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I had take a trip back in November (34 Hours Roundtrip) and I never noticed my steeringwheel out of alignment. Driving to the dealership the light did go out. I'm hoping it was just the front alignment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there

I had the same experience just after reaching 14K on my 09.
Can't remember if it was a Target parking lot.:)
But, it just came on. After a couple of starts, it went off and I thought all was well. It finally came on and stayed on.

It was not the clockspring or the alignment on mine. Actually had a bad sensor that was back ordered several weeks. This sensor fits under the center console and is the one that apparently feels when the vehicle is not going straight, level, etc. After it was replaced, and since, everything it fine!!
Just was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me where and how to do this I did my clock spring on my own and got wheel alignment done for my new tires maybe this would help to take off the lights email me the info on [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Electronic stability control (ESC) came on while driving straight. After turning ignition off, light in dash turned off. This happened 4 times in a week, once's just braking. Each time ignition off, light off and of course light off being at dealer. Dealer put in clock spring. ( wrangler sport, 2011, 26000 miles).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts