Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, im an amateur when it comes to stereos and jeeps in general. I've got a 2010 sport unlimited with what I assume is the infinity upgrade (because of the sub in the back). I'm looking at the polk db561's for the sound bar and polk db6501's for the front two speakers. I assume I will need an amp upgrade. I would prefer a cheaper amp but whatever gets the job done. All this included is going to be about how much?

·
Super Moderator
14,874 Posts
First off, im an amateur when it comes to stereos and jeeps in general. I've got a 2010 sport unlimited with what I assume is the infinity upgrade (because of the sub in the back). I'm looking at the polk db561's for the sound bar and polk db6501's for the front two speakers. I assume I will need an amp upgrade. I would prefer a cheaper amp but whatever gets the job done. All this included is going to be about how much?
Use the 3 links in my signature to find an awesome upgrade path for your Infinity system.

While the Polk's are very good, there is a better path due to impedance matching with our factory amp.

At about $150 it's a huge improvement and another $100 if you to add an amp to the sub.

·
Super Moderator
14,874 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
On the topic of speakers, my build sheet lists an 8 speaker system for my 2014 JK, looking into replacing them and maybe modding the tweeters. So looking around I have: 2 - tweeters, 2 - sound bar, 2 - front dash... where are my other two? Is Chrysler being sleazy and counting my horn and dinger as speakers as well?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I installed both of those sets of speakers in my 14 JKU. I also added in the Alpine Power Pack Amp. For $300, it was definitely worth it. If you're going to install the Polks, do yourself a favor and do the Power Pack as well. Will help you get your monies worth out of the Polks. :)

Also, regarding the sound bar speakers, cut the speaker centers out of their plastic baskets. The stock speaker outer rings make great adapters for the Polks in the sound bar. :)

Stuff poly fill in the bar and the front boxes as well to help with sound quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts