Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I've got a '99 TJ 4.0 Auto Sahara with D35 rear that I'm doing a Super 35 kit on (Ox Locker), 4" Currie/RockJock Lift, JB Conversions Super Short SYE, 1" Body Lift and 1" MML on. Anyone know how to estimate the rear drive shaft length needed? I plan to order an Adams shaft, but they told me to install everything first and then measure, which I understand, but was wondering if any pros on here may have the same set up, or would know what's needed. My current set up has the transmission skid plate spacers, which I plan to remove for sure, and would one day like to get a new plate to tummy tuck, but that will probably wait for the moment.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! 馃嵒馃嵒

Registered
I believe I measured from the top and bottom bolts (12 & 6 o鈥檆lock), of the yoke and also down the rear end. I ordered a Tom Woods shaft but I鈥檇 imagine it鈥檚 no different. I believe a phone call could help too? Measure from the face of the yoke at the holes trying to be consistent. I鈥檝e only done it once but that鈥檚 how I did it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe I measured from the top and bottom bolts (12 & 6 o鈥檆lock), of the yoke and also down the rear end. I ordered a Tom Woods shaft but I鈥檇 imagine it鈥檚 no different. I believe a phone call could help too? Measure from the face of the yoke at the holes trying to be consistent. I鈥檝e only done it once but that鈥檚 how I did it.
Yea, I talked with Adams, but they didn't want to recommend a length.. they wanted me to get everything installed before ordering the shaft. I'm still waiting for some parts, so I was hoping to get an idea of the length needed and get the shaft ordered so it was here when I go to install everything, and not have to wait an extra week without a drive shaft once everything is installed.

Registered
Do what they recommend install other parts then measure
The old measure twice cut once guidance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do what they recommend install other parts then measure
The old measure twice cut once guidance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I get that for sure.. I was just hopeful someone with the same set up would see it, or someone knew a way to estimate it.

Registered
Wait and measure the actual. Old saying: "Never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over."

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
16.5" short arm kit right?
It is Currie/RockJock short arm kit, yes. I ordered it about 9 weeks ago and am STILL waiting on it, but should ship any day now.. but I can't measure the arms, since it isn't here yet.

Registered
Hey folks! I've got a '99 TJ 4.0 Auto Sahara with D35 rear that I'm doing a Super 35 kit on (Ox Locker), 4" Currie/RockJock Lift, JB Conversions Super Short SYE, 1" Body Lift and 1" MML on. Anyone know how to estimate the rear drive shaft length needed? I plan to order an Adams shaft, but they told me to install everything first and then measure, which I understand, but was wondering if any pros on here may have the same set up, or would know what's needed. My current set up has the transmission skid plate spacers, which I plan to remove for sure, and would one day like to get a new plate to tummy tuck, but that will probably wait for the moment.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! 馃嵒馃嵒
Adams has measurement charts on their website. https://www.adamsdriveshaftoffroad.com/measurement-charts/

Registered
Is it too late to talk you out of the super 35 kit?

Installed one in my D35 thinking it would be good enough for what I do and about two years later broke it. Rather than repairing it I switched to an 8.8 using an Artec conversion kit and it was a very solid set up. Cost about the same as when I switched to the super 30 kit in the first place.

Although the shaft spline count is decent its the smaller ring/pinion of the D35 that easily breaks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it too late to talk you out of the super 35 kit?

Installed one in my D35 thinking it would be good enough for what I do and about two years later broke it. Rather than repairing it I switched to an 8.8 using an Artec conversion kit and it was a very solid set up. Cost about the same as when I switched to the super 30 kit in the first place.

Although the shaft spline count is decent its the smaller ring/pinion of the D35 that easily breaks.
Haha, little too late. I already have the kit installed in a set of 30/35 axles that will be going under the Jeep when the lift shows up. I've done a lot of reading on them and seems that it holds up for a vast majority of people.. fingers crossed. I appreciate the insight though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts